No on will be able to refuse this sweet and tasty variation of oatmeal. Have plenty prepared...they may ask for seconds!
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Half-and-half cream or additional milk
- Drain pears, reserving 1 cup syrup in a saucepan. Set pears aside. To the syrup, add the milk, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon; heat until simmering. Chop all but two pear halves; stir into syrup mixture. Add oats and raisins. Heat until bubbly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; stir. Slice remaining pear halves; arrange over top. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake 10-15 minutes longer. Serve hot with cream or milk. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pear-Oatmeal Breakfast Pudding in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p81
Reviews for Pear-Oatmeal Breakfast Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2010
"Very good and easy to prepare. My kids really enjoyed this breakfast. Can't wait to try variations on the pear/raisin combination."