No on will be able to refuse this sweet and tasty variation of oatmeal. Have plenty prepared...they may ask for seconds!
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Half-and-half cream or additional milk
- Drain pears, reserving 1 cup syrup in a saucepan. Set pears aside. To the syrup, add the milk, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon; heat until simmering. Chop all but two pear halves; stir into syrup mixture. Add oats and raisins. Heat until bubbly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; stir. Slice remaining pear halves; arrange over top. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake 10-15 minutes longer. Serve hot with cream or milk. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pear-Oatmeal Breakfast Pudding in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p81
Reviews for Pear-Oatmeal Breakfast Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2010
"Very good and easy to prepare. My kids really enjoyed this breakfast. Can't wait to try variations on the pear/raisin combination."