Pear-Nut Biscuits Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and cream; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in pears and pecans. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
1 each: 191 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Pear-Nut Biscuits
"It was very doughy and not much taste. I would add some spice and perhaps drizzle honey on it."
"I liked the easy recipe & pear taste. Think I'd add spice to batter or glaze to biscuits, tho, next time. Thanks!"