Pear-Nut Biscuits Recipe
Pears bring a mild sweetness to these tender biscuits, while chopped pecans lend a little crunch. These are great for an on-the-go breakfast. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and cream; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in pears and pecans. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 191 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC