- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and cream; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in pears and pecans. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Originally published as Pear-Nut Biscuits in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p42
Reviews for Pear-Nut Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2010
"It was very doughy and not much taste. I would add some spice and perhaps drizzle honey on it."
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2010
"I liked the easy recipe & pear taste. Think I'd add spice to batter or glaze to biscuits, tho, next time. Thanks!"