Pears bring a mild sweetness to these tender biscuits, while chopped pecans lend a little crunch. These are great for an on-the-go breakfast. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and cream; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in pears and pecans. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Originally published as Pear-Nut Biscuits in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p42
Reviews for Pear-Nut Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review