Pear Lime Gelatin Recipe
Packed with pears, this jolly gelatin salad is a light and refreshing treat. My Mom knew that fruit served in this fun form would get gobbled right up. She also liked it because the bowl looked like a sparkling jewel on our dinner table.
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves in juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1. Drain pears, reserving juice; set pears and aside. Measure the juice; add water if needed to equal 1-1/2 cups. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Gradually add cream cheese, whisking until smooth.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate until cool. Mash reserved pears; fold into gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into a 6-cup serving bowl. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 172 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC