Pear-Lime Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Drain pears, reserving juice; set pears aside. In a small saucepan, bring juice to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. In a food processor, combine pears and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in gelatin mixture until blended. Stir in the pineapple and 3/4 cup pecans. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Pour into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate until set. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cut into squares. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 401 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Pear-Lime Gelatin Salad
"Easy to make, easy to slip in substitutions and delicious! I used regular whipping cream with no sweeteners and it was plenty sweet. Very light and fun!"
"This was simply delicious, easy to make and turned out perfect. I already have the ingredients to make again. Also very simple ingredients, nothing exotic to have to find!! I love this site and to have my own recipe box."
"This is the best lime gelatin dish I've ever tasted! It is amazing that just a few simple ingredients can make something so delicious. I used low fat cream cheese and it was still good ..... even my son who doesn't like fruit ate some, and my husband had seconds! Very light and fluffy. I used an 8 x 8 square glass pan and it came out perfect."
"This is a winner!! I took this to a family Christmas party and it was a hit. It is by far the best jello salad I have ever had."
"Loved this one! Took it to a Church Covered Dish dinner and it was a tremendous hit. Not one bite left to bring home. Will definitley be making this one again. Only thing I did differently is that I did not toat the pecans; don't care for them. It was great without that step as well."
"Haven't tried this one but I was wondering if you could substitute Ricotta cheese for the cream cheese."
"I'm back to just say..I am making this salad again..and had a request over the phone for the recipe..its just too good!"
"Yesterday we had our monthly missionary dinner at our home..I periodically make a lime gelatin salad from a tried and ture recipe..but this time I didn't have the cottage cheese called for in that recipe. I searched your site for something that would be delicious and came across this recipe..read the reviews and decided to give it a go..OH MY GOODNESS!! This was far superior to any lime gelatin recipe. All the women asked for the recipe and the dish was gobbled up by all in attendence. This one is a WINNER!! I now have a new favorite. Thanks for sharing!!"
"Made this for Christmas Day and everyone loved it. Very tasty and easy to make. Also used all low fat versions of everything and turned out wonderful."
"This is a great gelatin salad. Looks good and tastes great. I followed the recipe exactly. I found that it was easy to put together. In place of an 11 x 7 x 2-inch dish, I used a 10 x 10 x 2-inch casserole dish. It turned out wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"very good. easy to prep. looks pretty. will make this one again."
"Great flavor - I used sugar free jello, 1/3 less fat cream cheese, Lite whipped topping and low sugar pears with excellent results."