Pear-Lime Gelatin Salad
A “must” at our family reunions is this easy make-ahead gelatin salad. Try decorating the top with maraschino cherries. The red and lime-green color is especially pretty for the holidays.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Drain pears, reserving juice; set pears aside. In a small saucepan,
- bring juice to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from
- the heat; cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine pears and cream cheese; cover and
- process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in gelatin
- mixture until blended. Stir in the pineapple and 3/4 cup pecans.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate until set.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cut into squares. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 401 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.