- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Drain pears, reserving juice; set pears aside. In a small saucepan, bring juice to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine pears and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in gelatin mixture until blended. Stir in the pineapple and 3/4 cup pecans. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate until set. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cut into squares. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pear-Lime Gelatin Salad
Sort By :
This was simply delicious, easy to make and turned out perfect. I already have the ingredients to make again. Also very simple ingredients, nothing exotic to have to find!! I love this site and to have my own recipe box.
This is the best lime gelatin dish I've ever tasted! It is amazing that just a few simple ingredients can make something so delicious. I used low fat cream cheese and it was still good ..... even my son who doesn't like fruit ate some, and my husband had seconds! Very light and fluffy. I used an 8 x 8 square glass pan and it came out perfect.
This is a winner!! I took this to a family Christmas party and it was a hit. It is by far the best jello salad I have ever had.
Loved this one! Took it to a Church Covered Dish Dinner and it was a tremendous hit. Not one bite left to bring home. Will definitley be making this one again. Only thing I did differently is that I did not toat the pecans; don't care for them. It was great without that step as well.
Haven't tried this one but I was wondering if you could substitute Ricotta cheese for the cream cheese.