We came up with this delicious salad trying to use up leftover turkey after Thanksgiving. We think you'll love it, too! —Nancy Prewitt, Beaverton, Oregon
Featured In: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- Divide spring mix between two plates. Top with turkey, pear, avocado, pomegranate seeds and onion.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pear Harvest Salad For 2 in Taste of Home
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pear Harvest Salad For 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2010
"this is an excellent salad, very refreshing, and I will make it many times."