- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- Divide spring mix among six plates. Layer with turkey, pears, avocado, pomegranate seeds and onion.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pear Harvest Salad
"I made this for Christmas for the family of my husband, and everyone tasted it... and said it was delicious and they ate more than one time... mmmhh I put all ingredients !! -I put normal apple vinegar and cider wine also"
"I also omitted the turkey, advocado, replaced blue cheese with feta cheese, it was excellent"
"Kids loved it too!"
"I really didn't like the dressing. I went and bought a poppy seed dressing that went excellent with it. Also, I left out the turkey and just had it as a side salad. Oh, and I mixed spinach leaves with the spring greens. Delicious."
"I made this salad for Thanksgiving, as a side dish (without the cubed turkey). It is a delicious salad. Pomegranate in a salad adds a delightful pop of flavor in your mouth. I did not add the bleu cheese and it was still a delicious salad. Definitely a keeper! I am making it again for Christmas."