- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- Divide spring mix among six plates. Layer with turkey, pears, avocado, pomegranate seeds and onion.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pear Harvest Salad
Sort By :
I made this for Christmas for the family of my husband, and everyone tasted it... and said it was delicious and they ate more than one time... mmmhh I put all ingredients !! -I put normal apple vinegar and cider wine also
I also omitted the turkey, advocado, replaced blue cheese with feta cheese, it was excellent
Kids loved it too!
I really didn't like the dressing. I went and bought a poppy seed dressing that went excellent with it. Also, I left out the turkey and just had it as a side salad. Oh, and I mixed spinach leaves with the spring greens. Delicious.
I made this salad for Thanksgiving, as a side dish (without the cubed turkey). It is a delicious salad. Pomegranate in a salad adds a delightful pop of flavor in your mouth. I did not add the bleu cheese and it was still a delicious salad. Definitely a keeper! I am making it again for Christmas.