Pear Gingerbread Cobbler Recipe
A sure sign that fall is truly here is when my family asks me to make my signature gingerbread cobbler. Over the years it's been given the nickname of “Autumn in the Oven”. Clever, right? —Cheryl Peterman, Prescott, Arizona
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- GINGERBREAD LAYER:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until pears are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pears. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crystallized ginger. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat buttermilk, sugar, molasses, egg and oil until sugar is dissolved. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; gradually beat into buttermilk mixture. Pour over pear mixture.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 277 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Pear Gingerbread Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC