- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir
- into pears. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in crystallized ginger. Transfer to a greased
- 8-in.-square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat buttermilk, sugar, molasses, egg and oil until
- sugar is dissolved. In another bowl, whisk the remaining
- ingredients; gradually beat into buttermilk mixture. Pour over pear
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick
- inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 277 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.