Pear Gingerbread Cobbler Recipe
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- GINGERBREAD LAYER:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until pears are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pears. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crystallized ginger. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat buttermilk, sugar, molasses, egg and oil until sugar is dissolved. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; gradually beat into buttermilk mixture. Pour over pear mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pear Gingerbread Cobbler(4)
Sort By :
I love the flavors of this cobbler recipe. I increased the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp. and served it warm with vanilla ice cream. Delicious!
I can't think of a better fall dessert. Fills the house with a great aroma when it's baking.
tasty. I don't like peeling pears because they are slippery. This recipe was worth the effort. The cobbler doesn't cobble it is more like a cake on top. This is a nice dessert.
The brightness of the pears and the warmth of the gingerbread and spices creates an irresistible autumn treat. A very inventive recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cobblers >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >