- molasses. Combine the flour, baking powder and spices; fold into egg
- mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen
- towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper.
- Roll up cake in towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small skillet, saute pears in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in brandy. Cool completely. In a large
- bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and ginger
- until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in pear mixture.
- Unroll cake and spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Dust
- with additional confectioners' sugar and cinnamon if desired. Yield:
- 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 284 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.