Pear Gelatin Salad Recipe
This light and refreshing salad from Carol Keinard blends fat-free vanilla yogurt with lime gelatin to showcase convenient canned pears. "I often make a double batch—one for my family and one to take to a covered-dish supper," Carol notes from Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin or 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place yogurt in a bowl. Gradually whisk in 1 cup gelatin mixture until blended. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until almost set.
- 2. Stir cold water and reserved liquid into remaining gelatin mixture (do not refrigerate). Arrange pears on gelatin-yogurt mixture. Carefully spoon remaining gelatin mixture over pears. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 61 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 fruit
Reviews for Pear Gelatin Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC