Pear Gelatin Salad Recipe
This light and refreshing salad from Carol Keinard blends fat-free vanilla yogurt with lime gelatin to showcase convenient canned pears. "I often make a double batchone for my family and one to take to a covered-dish supper," Carol notes from Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin or 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place yogurt in a bowl. Gradually whisk in 1 cup gelatin mixture until blended. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until almost set.
- Stir cold water and reserved liquid into remaining gelatin mixture (do not refrigerate). Arrange pears on gelatin-yogurt mixture. Carefully spoon remaining gelatin mixture over pears. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pear Gelatin Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p14
Reviews for Pear Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Salad >