"My husband and I enjoy these fritters with morning coffee," writes Kelly Cox, Fayetteville, North Carolina.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Cook: 20 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- Additional oil for deep-fat frying
- Sugar or confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, oil and honey to 120°-130°.
- Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add eggs; beat on
- medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in pear. Cover and let rise in a
- warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop
- batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until
- golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar
- while warm. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.