- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- Additional oil for deep-fat frying
- Sugar or confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In a saucepan, heat the milk, oil and honey to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add eggs; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in pear. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar while warm. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Pear Fritters
Sort By :
"OMG!!! These are TDF!! I have already tried other recipes for fritters and they came out like hockey pucks! So needless to say, I was a bit apprehensive about giving it another shot shot especially given the fact that this recipe calls for dry active yeast. I am hopeless at breadmaking and pizza dough so the yeast brought back memories of past disasters. But these are absolutely fantastic and so easy to prepare. The troops keep asking for more and since I ran out of pears, I substituted with apples which were to die for as well. Just be sure that the oil is screaming hot or they won't float to the top, rather they will get stuck to the bottom of the pan. Not good!"