Pear-Filled Bundt Cake Recipe
“Pear-Filled Bundt Cake is yummy warm or cold,” says Barbara Sievert of Yorktown, Virginia. “It’s by far the best pear cake I’ve ever had.”
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup diced peeled ripe pear
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice.
- 3. Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter. Smooth top with a spatula.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 5. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 178 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC