- juice to measure 1 cup. Combine cornstarch, pear juice, soy sauce
- and thyme until blended; set aside.
- In the drippings in the skillet, saute red pepper, onion and garlic
- for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in pear juice mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chops to skillet. Cook for 4 minutes. Add pears; cook 2
- minutes longer or until pork is tender and pears are heated through.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer