Pear Dessert Squares Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pears, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, toss the pears, 1 tablespoon flour and apple juice concentrate. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pears.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until pears are lightly browned. Serve warm or chilled. Cut into squares; top with whipped topping and cinnamon. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving equals 127 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pear Dessert Squares
"Excellent taste - quick and easy to make. Everyone loved it."
"Be sure to get a sugar free topping, or whip your own and add a sugar substitute."