Pear Dessert Squares Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pears, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, toss the pears, 1 tablespoon flour and apple juice concentrate. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pears.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until pears are lightly browned. Serve warm or chilled. Cut into squares; top with whipped topping and cinnamon. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 127 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Pear Dessert Squares
"Excellent taste - quick and easy to make. Everyone loved it."
"Be sure to get a sugar free topping, or whip your own and add a sugar substitute."