"Pears are so luscious sparked with spices and topped with graham cracker crumbs in this yummy dessert," says Jacquie Guarriello of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. "I try to have low-sugar desserts available at family gatherings because three of my relatives are diabetic. This treat is always a hit."
Recommended: 57 Bake Sale Recipes That’ll Earn Big Bucks
- 1-1/2 pounds pears, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, toss the pears, 1 tablespoon flour and apple juice concentrate. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until pears are lightly browned. Serve warm or chilled. Cut into squares; top with whipped topping and cinnamon. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pear Dessert Squares in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p17
Reviews for Pear Dessert Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2011
"Excellent taste - quick and easy to make. Everyone loved it."
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2011
"Be sure to get a sugar free topping, or whip your own and add a sugar substitute."