Pear Custard Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4-1/2 cups cubed peeled ripe pears (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove the foil; bake 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. Place pears in pastry shell. In a bowl, combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Whisk in eggs, 1/4 cup cream, butter, lemon peel and vanilla. Pour over pears.
- 3. Cover edges loosely with foil. bake for 50 minutes or until filling is just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate until serving. In a bowl, whip the remaining cream with cinnamon. Serve with pie. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 459 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pear Custard Pie
"This recipe can be found on allrecipes.com "