- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4-1/2 cups cubed peeled ripe pears (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove the foil; bake 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Place pears in pastry shell. In a bowl, combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Whisk in eggs, 1/4 cup cream, butter, lemon peel and vanilla. Pour over pears.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. bake for 50 minutes or until filling is just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate until serving. In a bowl, whip the remaining cream with cinnamon. Serve with pie. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pear Custard Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p46
Reviews for Pear Custard Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2010
"This recipe can be found on allrecipes.com "