- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Cut pears into 1/8-in. slices; arrange in a single layer over filling. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 375° for 28-30 minutes (center will be soft-set and will become firmer upon cooling). Cool on a wire rack for 45 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 bars.
Reviews forPear Custard Bars
"These bars are incredible!! These are worthy of being named a grand prize winner!!"
"This recipe I tried for the first time and I just made adjustments by using pecans in place of the macadamia nuts, 1 can (15-oz.) LITE canned pear halves in extra light syrup, drained and sprinkled 1 Tbsp. cinnamon-sugar mixture over the pears. I did grease/flour my baking pan. These bars came out very well! They looked beautiful in pan after baking! I'm saving them for my retirementcommunity social hour next week! delowenstein"
"This dessert was absolutely tops. Since I made it, I have had requests for the recipe. It is well recommended! Nice with vanilla ice cream."
"These are awesome! I actually made these quite some time ago, but am going for a weekend getaway with my card group friends, and am going to make these again."
"really tasty. hubby loved it. only change I made was I used 11x7 pan (both my 8in squares were in use) so I made 1-1/2 times the filling so it wouldn't be so thin and it turned out excellent. i'm gonna try it next time with peaches for something different (though the pears were great)"
"Yummy! They are a light dessert and very tasty. Will definitely be making these again."
"love this recipe I use over ripe pears in the fall an add some sugar to them in a bowl instead of canned, everyone loves them"
"I have made this recipes for years and it is wonderful. However, it causes people to do these crazy things such as: take two pieces right away with no regard if someone does not get any .Happens all the time."
"As you can see, I already posted a comment on this recipe but just had to add this..since my family loved it so well I decided to make this into a pie for a pie contest I entered at church....and it won first place!! All I did different was not use all of the crust in the pie plate, it would have been to thick, and I doubled the recipe for the filling...it makes a beautiful pie!"
"My niece brought these bars to Thanksgiving this week. It was the best dessert there, and my favorite dessert is pumpkin pie! I had to come grab this recipe. I will DEFINATELY be making this one and told her to please make it a regular at family gatherings! YUM..wish I had another piece right now! =)"