Pear Crunch Pie
This pie recipe is one of my favorites. The pecan topping gives it a nice crunch.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) pear halves in syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the
- nutmeg and cinnamon. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles
- coarse crumbs; stir in nuts. Set aside.
- Drain pears, reserving 1 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine the
- sugar, cornstarch, salt, remaining nutmeg and reserved juice until
- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, peel and
- remaining butter.
- Cut pears in half; arrange in pastry shell. Pour sauce over pears;