- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) pear halves in syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the nutmeg and cinnamon. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in nuts. Set aside.
- Drain pears, reserving 1 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt, remaining nutmeg and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, peel and remaining butter.
- Cut pears in half; arrange in pastry shell. Pour sauce over pears; sprinkle with reserved nut topping. Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pear Crunch Pie in Country Extra September 2003, p49
Reviews for Pear Crunch Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review