ORIGINALLY a pear crumble pie, I shortened this to a crumble when I often was too short of time to make a pie crust. I've also found canned pears work as well as fresh, so that makes it even easier to prepare. -Kezia Sullivan, Sackets Harbor, New York
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- Place pear slices in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter until crumbly; add nuts. Sprinkle over pears. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pear Crumble in Reminisce Extra April 2000, p45
Reviews for Pear Crumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review