Pear Crumble Pie Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; add the pears and toss gently to coat. Spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 300 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pear Crumble Pie
"I have made several times so surprised I never reviewed but likely because I use a printed off recipe usually . These are lovely pies-easy to make and my 6 year old had been helping me with these every Autumn since he was 2 and now my 2 year old daughter has helped me bake her first pear pies today. Very yummy! Thanks for many family memories too!"
"Having an orchard with all kinds of fruits, when I was growing up, my mother always made pear pie. She made it just like apple or peach with 2 crusts. Just adjust the sugar for the extra sweetness of the pears. We always enjoyed it!"
"this pie is very yummy and it's a neat alternative to dutch apple. the crumble on top was delicious!"