Pear Crumble Pie Recipe
I couldn't really imagine a pear pie until I bit into this succulent dessert. The sweet crumb topping is wonderful and the filling is a nice change from apple. Try it with a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt. —Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; add the pears and toss gently to coat. Spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 300 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC