I couldn't really imagine a pear pie until I bit into this succulent dessert. The sweet crumb topping is wonderful and the filling is a nice change from apple. Try it with a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt. —Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; add the pears and toss gently to coat. Spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pear Crumble Pie in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p21
Reviews for Pear Crumble Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review