Pear Crisp Recipe
- 8 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Fresh mint and additional pear slices, optional
- Toss pears with orange juice; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar, cinnamon, allspice and ginger; sprinkle over pears.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Garnish with mint and additional pears if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pear Crisp(11)
Sort By :
This is very good! I used part apples and part pears, both of which were a little "past their prime", however, it turned out great! One of my friends insisted I put MORE topping on and that did become a little thick. I preferred mine without ice cream, but my friends preferred vanilla ice cream with it. Great, light, comforting dessert to our Christmas dinner :)
'Nice thing about this dish is that you can vary which fruit you use according to your audience, what is in season. I have combined apples, pears, cranberries & peaches. Rhubarb adds a nice touch, too. Delicious! Ken from Milwaukee.
My neighbor gave me 8 pears the other afternoon and found this recipes. Need 8 pears :) We topped it off with an extra special treat, vanilla ice cream.
Made this last night and everyone from family, friends and neighbors managed to eat it all up. I'm going to make some 8x8 tin foil pans to stock up the freeer; so yummy.
This is absolutely delicious!! My neighbor wants to buy them from me to give at Christmas. They said it is even good partially frozen