Pear Crisp Recipe
- 8 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Fresh mint and additional pear slices, optional
- Toss pears with orange juice; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar, cinnamon, allspice and ginger; sprinkle over pears.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Garnish with mint and additional pears if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pear Crisp
Sort By :
"This is an excellent and easy recipe to make. You could really use any kind of fruit in it. I didn't have orange juice so I substituted lemon juice instead. Great taste, thanks!"
"I made this exactly as the recipe states and it was delicious. We ate it with sweetened whipping cream. I've used a lot of different recipes for fruit crisp but this one has the perfect ratio of topping to fruit. This is a keeper."
"This is very good! I used part apples and part pears, both of which were a little "past their prime", however, it turned out great! One of my friends insisted I put MORE topping on and that did become a little thick. I preferred mine without ice cream, but my friends preferred vanilla ice cream with it. Great, light, comforting dessert to our Christmas dinner :)"
"'Nice thing about this dish is that you can vary which fruit you use according to your audience, what is in season. I have combined apples, pears, cranberries & peaches. Rhubarb adds a nice touch, too. Delicious! Ken from Milwaukee."
"My neighbor gave me 8 pears the other afternoon and found this recipes. Need 8 pears :) We topped it off with an extra special treat, vanilla ice cream."