Pear Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled ripe pears (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), broken in half
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the pears, water, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until the cranberries have popped and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring several items.
- 2. Discard cinnamon sticks. Mash sauce if desired. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Pear Cranberry Sauce
"This is my 3rd year making this sauce. I love it and family asks for the recipe. As like other comments, those that don't like cranberry sauce per say, like this with the pears in it. A must make!"
"Great recipe I've used for years; and I AM the one who didn't eat cranberries! Recheck the calorie count, though. You'd need to eat more than 1/4 C to consume 149 calories of this!"
"This was a hit, even with some who only eat the jellied sauce out of a can. This is a new traditional dish for me!"
"Even family members who don't like cranberry sauce like this recipe! It's been a Thanksgiving hit since I started making it four years ago."