Pear Cranberry Relish Recipe
I created this recipe quite by accident one day when I had leftover pears and cranberries. It's now a traditional dish on out Thanksgiving and Christmas tables.—Ann Rayas, Greenville, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:10 servings
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 large pears (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 packets artificial sweetener (equal to 4 teaspoons sugar)
- 1. In a large saucepan, simmer cranberries in water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Add pears, orange juice and peel; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sweetener; stir well. Chill for 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
One 1/3-cup serving equals 75 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC