Pear Cranberry Relish Recipe
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 large pears (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 packets artificial sweetener (equal to 4 teaspoons sugar)
- 1. In a large saucepan, simmer cranberries in water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Add pears, orange juice and peel; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sweetener; stir well. Chill for 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
One 1/3-cup serving equals 75 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Pear Cranberry Relish
"Excellent and easy. This is a go to cranberry relish for Thanksgiving."
"Likes this recipe alot! Used less sugar substitutes as a personal preference & taste. Have tried it on family & friends & got rave reviews. My cousins, Martha Stewart & her siswter-in-law the other Martha, couldn;t wait to make & can. It is delicious served hot over a short bread or with biscotti & coffee; or cold with Good Quality frozen yogurt or ice cream. We plan on adapting the recipe with reduced sugar and canning for the holiday gifts for family & gift baskets."