I created this recipe quite by accident one day when I had leftover pears and cranberries. It's now a traditional dish on out Thanksgiving and Christmas tables.—Ann Rayas, Greenville, South Carolina
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 large pears (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 packets artificial sweetener (equal to 4 teaspoons sugar)
- In a large saucepan, simmer cranberries in water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Add pears, orange juice and peel; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sweetener; stir well. Chill for 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pear Cranberry Relish in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p44
Reviews for Pear Cranberry Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review