Pear-Cranberry Lattice Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Additional sugar
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and allspice. Add pears and cranberries; toss to coat. Spoon into crust; dot with butter.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Cover pie loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and remove foil; bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Pear-Cranberry Lattice Pie
"ok so a company that does business with the hubby gave him 2 big boxes of beautiful pears for Christmas. No idea what to do with them I instantly came to TOH and found this recipe so i made this but I added 1/4 c of honey, some lemon zest and some chopped pecans. hubby loved it! will make again! Would also be fabulous with apples!"
"Great way to use up abundance of pears. Sweet and tart - very good."