Pear Cranberry Crumble Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 firm ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into 12 slices
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, cranberries and vanilla; let stand for 15 minutes. Arrange pear slices in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Pour apple juice mixture over pears.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the oats brown sugar, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until pears are tender and tipping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 234 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.