Pear Cranberry Crumble Recipe
Our Test Kitchen cooks got creative with this crumble. Pears provide a tasty change of pace from apples and other fruits that are more commonly used in pies and desserts. Cranberries add color, and spiced-up oats top off this old-fashioned dessert with a yummy crunch.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 firm ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into 12 slices
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, cranberries and vanilla; let stand for 15 minutes. Arrange pear slices in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Pour apple juice mixture over pears.
- In a bowl, combine the oats brown sugar, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until pears are tender and tipping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pear Cranberry Crumble in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p14
Reviews for Pear Cranberry Crumble(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >