"My daughter and I enjoy this tender cake for brunch on the Saturday mornings we spend at home," writes Patricia Clack of Lake Forest, California. A delightful hint of orange from the quick bread mix blends the other fruit flavors and is simple treat.
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Prepare bread mix according to package directions; pour batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle pears with lemon juice; arrange over batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pear-Cranberry Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 2001
Reviews for Pear-Cranberry Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2012
"Yummy! And so easy. Will make again and again."
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2010
"Doubled the recipe, including the topping, and used 3 pkgs. Mixed Berry Muffin mix - delicious!"