Pear Cranberry Chutney Recipe
One day as a kid, I told my parents I didn't like what we were having for breakfast. They told me to make my own, and I've been cooking every since. I love cranberries, and the sweet-sour taste of this chutney goes very well with fall foods.—Andy Anderson, Graham, Washington
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, allspice and cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large pear, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, raisins, onion, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pear. Cook 10 minutes longer or until tender. Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 125 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC