Pear Coffee Cake Recipe
I first tasted a moist, delicious pear coffee cake at a bake sale. At Christmas, I bake it instead of fruitcake, adding chopped nuts and chopped red and green candied cherriesabout 1/4 cup of each.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3 cups chopped peeled pears
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a bowl, cream together sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla. Bay hand, stir in coconut, dates, pears and pecans (batter will be thick). Spoon into a greased and floured fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until cake tests done. Cool on rack until cake comes away from sides of pan; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Pear Coffee Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p35
Reviews for Pear Coffee Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2009
This is really high in fat and calories but it might just be worth it. It was delicious.