A wonderful alternative to traditional apple cider, our perfectly spiced, pear-flavored beverage will warm you from head to toe. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
20 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 12 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups pear nectar
- 8 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine juice and nectar. Place the cinnamon
- sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth;
- bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place
- in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard
- spice bag. Serve warm cider in mugs. Yield: 20 servings (3/4 cup
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.