Pear Cider Recipe
A wonderful alternative to traditional apple cider, our perfectly spiced, pear-flavored beverage will warm you from head to toe. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 12 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups pear nectar
- 8 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine juice and nectar. Place the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm cider in mugs. Yield: 20 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Pear Cider in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p244
Reviews for Pear Cider(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Hot Beverages >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >