With a unique combination of flavors in this recipe, dinner is sure to satisfy. “My freezer is hardly ever without single servings of the dish my grandson calls 'pear chix.' We love it.” -Sheila Berg of Lucas Valley, California
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pears and juice aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine flour and pepper. Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the onion, chutney, lemon juice, curry powder and reserved pear juice. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and pears. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pear Chutney Chicken in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pear Chutney Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review