- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pears and juice aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, mix flour and pepper. Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
In same skillet, combine onion, chutney, lemon juice, curry powder and reserved pear juice. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and pears. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 3-5 minutes.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high, stirring once, until heated through, 8-10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pear Chutney Chicken
"Loved, loved, loved this recipe! Made it exactly as the recipe said. I was a tad worried as I have not been a big fan of curry, but I honestly changed my mind after making this."
"mariasylviarivera2- chutney is a sort of fruit conserve (preserves) of spices and mixed fruit. Major Grey's Chutney is fairly common. Mango chutney is just a different mix of fruits. Check your store's mustard/steak sauce aisle or possibly the jelly/preserves/marmalade section."
"what is mango chutney?"
"This was great. I wanted to try it since the submitter says it freezes well, but we didn't have any leftovers to freeze! Definitely a recipe I will make again. A nice way to serve chicken that is not the "same-old-same-old"."