Pear Chicken Salad
This beautiful, flavorful salad from Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah is sprinkled with feta cheese, sweetened cranberries and walnuts for extra depth, pop, and crunch.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken strips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- On each of four salad plates, arrange the greens, pear, chicken, feta
- cheese, cranberries and nuts. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing
- ingredients; drizzle over salads. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 348 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.