This beautiful, flavorful salad from Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah is sprinkled with feta cheese, sweetened cranberries and walnuts for extra depth, pop, and crunch.
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken strips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- On each of four salad plates, arrange the greens, pear, chicken, feta cheese, cranberries and nuts. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pear Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pear Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2012
"This recipes is wonderful! So easy to make and delicious. I take it for lunch at least 1 day a week."