Classic pear salad gets an innovative makeover with chicken and maple vinaigrette. This special main dish from Chrysa Duran of Cambridge, Minnesota is served over crisp romaine for a refreshing experience.
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, pear, cheese and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, maple syrup and salt. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pear Chicken Salad with Maple Vinaigrette in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pear Chicken Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review