Pear Chicken Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Classic pear salad gets an innovative makeover with chicken and maple vinaigrette. This special main dish from Chrysa Duran of Cambridge, Minnesota is served over crisp romaine for a refreshing experience.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chicken, pear, cheese and
- cranberries. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, maple syrup and
- salt; whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 2-1/2 cups equals 420 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now