Pear Chicken Salad with Maple Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, pear, cheese and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, maple syrup and salt. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
2-1/2 cups equals 420 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Pear Chicken Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
"We especially loved the Maple Vinaigrette! I used white balsamic vinegar instead of regular. I also omitted the chicken, but we had it with toasted chicken sandwiches (called chicken barbs in the Merrimack valley in MA). It was delicious with the sandwiches...sweet of the cranberries, crunch of the crisp sliced pears and romaine...definitely a keeper. The bleu cheese is perfect in the salad. Yum, yum, yum....want more!!!!"
"I made a couple of changes: goat cheese instead of blue, turkey instead of chicken, almonds instead of walnuts, and a little less oil. Definitely worth an encore."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.