Pear Cheesecake Recipe
My family has always had a fondness for pears, so desserts that feature them, such as this cheesecake, are popular at my house.—Jennifer Short, Omaha, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves, drained
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2-in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place pear halves cut side down on crust.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add flour; beat well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add the milk, lemon juice and peel; beat just until blended. Pour over pears.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
One slice equals 437 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC