Pear Cheesecake Pizza Recipe
A tender, crispy crust is topped with sweetened cream cheese and pears, then cooked and drizzled with an amazing brown sugar sauce. Carol Mead - Los Alamos, New Mexico
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup warm fat-free milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Punch dough down. Roll into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, orange juice and peel just until blended. Spread over the crust; top with pears. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cream cheese topping is set.
- 4. In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, sour cream and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes. Drizzle over top of pizza. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 229 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC