Pear Cake with Sour Cream Topping Recipe
This is a great way to combine bread and fruit for an all-in-one breakfast. The cake is very tasty and the unique topping is simply delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and lemon peel; mix well. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spread batter into a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Slice pear halves; arrange slices in rows on top of batter. Mix topping ingredients until smooth; spread over pears. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 218 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pear Cake with Sour Cream Topping
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC