Pear Cake with Sour Cream Topping Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and lemon peel; mix well. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spread batter into a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Slice pear halves; arrange slices in rows on top of batter. Mix topping ingredients until smooth; spread over pears. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 218 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pear Cake with Sour Cream Topping
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.