Pear Cake with Sour Cream Topping Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and lemon peel; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat well.
- 2. Spread batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Slice pear halves and arrange in rows on top of batter. Mix topping ingredients until smooth; spread over pears. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 218 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.