- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and lemon peel; mix well. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Spread batter into a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Slice pear halves; arrange slices in rows on top of batter. Mix topping ingredients until smooth; spread over pears. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Pear Cake with Sour Cream Topping in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p58
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pear Cake with Sour Cream Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review