Pear Bundt Cake Recipe
Five simple ingredients are all Veronica Ross needs to fix this lovely light dessert. Tiny bits of pear provide sweetness to the moist slices, which she serves in her Columbia Heights, Minnesota home.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Drain pears, reserving the syrup; chop pears. Place pears and syrup in a large bowl; add the cake mix, egg whites and egg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 4 minutes.
- 2. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Add batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 163 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC